After your first 3 tardy occurrences, the following consequences apply and you must serve each one or you will be placed on the no dance list, you will lose your off-campus lunch privilege (Juniors and Seniors), you will be assigned a "U" in citizenship, and you may also be subject to a citation.
BEHAVIOR and DISCIPLINE
San Dimas High School has high expectations in regards to the behavior of students. Students are expected to arrive to classes on time, stay attentive, be on task during class instruction, and work diligently towards graduation.
Whether in attendance during regular instruction, traveling off campus with sports teams or field trips, or attending after school activities, SDHS students are always expected to be respectful of fellow students and to follow the directions of teachers and staff members.
In instances where misbehavior occurs, San Dimas will apply a progressive discipline policy with the goal of changing behavior and encouraging students to make better choices in the future.
Each teacher publishes classroom behavior guidelines in their individual classes. School wide rules of conduct are:
● Be seated and ready to begin work at the tardy bell.
● Show respect to classmates, staff, teachers and personal property.
● Follow all teacher and staff member directions.
● Demonstrate academic integrity at all times.
● Stay on task during the entire school day.
Progressive discipline consequences are issued when a student misbehaves. Those consequences may include teacher-student conferences, parent contact, teacher detentions, a disciplinary referral, campus or community service, Saturday School, suspension from class, in school suspension, out of school suspension, a referral to the student study team for review of the educational program placement, an administrative hearing to consider involuntary transfers and/or expulsion.
Sequential Discipline Policy
Tardiness (periods 2-4 & 6-7, quarterly)
Tardy 1-2 Teacher Warning & teacher issued Consequence
Tardy 3 Teacher Warning & Consequence, parent contact
Tardy 4 Referral and 1 hour detention
Tardy 5-6 Saturday School (4 hrs) and “N” in citizenship
Tardy 7 Friday Detention (2 hrs) and “U” in citizenship
Tardiness (5th period, per quarter)
Tardy 1 Teacher Warning
Tardy 2 Teacher Warning & “N” in citizenship
Tardy 3 “U” in citizenship
* Ready to Learn
Truancy (per year)
Truancy 1-2 1 hour Detention, lunch pass confiscated
Truancy 3 (1st full day) “NO DANCE LIST,” 1 hour detention “N”
Truancy 4 (2nd full day) Friday Detention (2hrs) “U”
Truancy 5 (3rd full day) Saturday School (4 hrs) “U” - possible citation
Office Referral (per semester)
Office Referral consequences will be determined according to the infraction
EXTREME BEHAVIOR/Major Offenses = RAPID EXIT
First offense: Warning, change clothes
Second offense:Demerit (25 minute detention), change clothes, phone call
Third offense: Detention (1 hr), phone call and change clothes
Fourth offense: Friday Detention (2 hrs)
Bonita Unified School District and San Dimas High School have adopted a dress code that allows
for personal style without causing disruption or intimidation. As you dress for school each day,
please adhere to the following guidelines:
● Clothing should be NEAT, CLEAN, SAFE, AND NON-DISTRACTING
● The Following are prohibited:
● Oversized shirts reaching beyond the wrist
● Socks that pull up high enough to reach the bottoms of shorts
● Belts, wristbands, or other jewelry with protruding metal, chains
● Steel toed shoes or boots, slippers that are designed to be only worn inside (no fuzzy or cloth
● Blankets, pajamas, flannel pants or tops that are designed as sleepwear
● Combs in Hair, du-rags
● Clothing/hats that depict violence, weapons, sexual suggestions, alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
● Clothing that is excessively revealing
● off-the-shoulder tops
● Low cut tank tops, tank tops open on the sides
● tank tops (with straps of less than one inch)
● tube tops, shirts with open backs, backless shirts, and bare midriffs
● Short shorts, short skirts. - clothing should cover buttocks completely at all times
● sagging pants - underwear or shorts worn under the pants should not show at any time